Ricordia

• Keep checking back for new articles at the end of each month!

• Merion Mercy Student News

• Welcome to Ricordia! Your Student Newspaper!

Filed under Spotlight

Freshman Spotlight: Mary Pasarella

What are your favorite subjects at Merion, and why?
I like math a lot, and it’s weird because I’ve never really been a math person. I think that coming to Merion was nice because I found things that I never knew I would like! I also like English a lot, because I like how a lot of the time it’s discussions in class. We had to do an oral presentation for our midterm which was really nice. Because I did theater and forensics in grade school, I feel like that’s my strong point.

What school clubs or activities are you a part of?
I am in MMMT’s Mary Poppins, and I am on the crew team.

What is it like to star in Mary Poppins?
I am really excited because, when I first auditioned, I didn’t really think I was going to make it. I didn’t know if I would be able to balance it with crew and schoolwork. I was so excited because I did the shows in grade school at Waldron, and now I can continue them in high school! The best was coming in for the first read-through and just being surrounded by a really supportive, positive group of people. If anyone was to come in and watch a rehearsal, I think they would get a sense of what Merion is like, because it’s a lot of hard work but there’s always positive people everywhere you turn, ready to help everyone succeed. I think the show is going to be great and I’m just so excited for everyone to see it!

What about crew?
I think crew has been a really great experience so far! The fall season was great because I met a bunch of new people. It was so fun to be in a race this fall, I never thought I would be able to participate in a real race so early in the year! Winter workouts have been tough, just a lot of commitment, but it’s definitely going to be worth it as the spring season comes around the corner. We go back on the water soon, I’m so excited to be back and to race in regattas this spring!!

How do you spend your free time?
When I have free time, sleep is definitely the first thing on my mind. Other than that, it’s usually trying to fit in time with my family and my friends, both the friends I’ve made here, and my friends from grade school.