Student News at Merion Mercy Academy

Ricordia

• Keep checking back for new articles at the end of each month!

• Follow us on Twitter @MMARicordia

• Welcome to Ricordia! Your Student Newspaper!

Filed under Mercy Girls

Mother-Senior Luncheon

On Friday, May 8th, the Class of 2015 celebrated one of Merion Mercy’s classic traditions, the Mother-Senior Luncheon. Beginning with a mass in the convent chapel, the day started off spectacularly well with a choral presentation, “Salve Regina”, composed by Audrey Rake (’15). Senior vocalists were given the chance to shine throughout the day, as the chorale and acapella groups performed later at the luncheon. During the mass, planned by senior members of the ministry team, Father Joseph Mostardi encouraged the seniors and their mothers to continue in their relationships, as they reflect each other.

The luncheon itself included many celebrations of motherhood and the Mercy sisterhood itself. After being treated to a beautiful lunch, the seniors and their mothers watched a special video that ended with a recitation of Billy Collins’ comical but heartfelt poem, “The Lanyard”. Later, Lauren Uveges and her mother discussed the differences between the Merion of today and the Merion of the past. The afternoon ended with a prayer, given by Michaela Scanlon and her mother. The luncheon celebrated the beautiful relationships between mothers and their daughters and gave the seniors special memories they will cherish for years.