Serving up Smiles

Merion Mercy students are excited to be back at school for the second semester. We all missed our classes, seeing our friends, and participating in extracurricular activities, but most of all we missed the delicious food from our very own servery! Earlier this semester,, Ricordia surveyed the student body about what they loved about Merion lunches. Let’s see what they had to say.

When asked what their favorite breakfast options were, students responded that they enjoyed french toast, hash browns, bagels, and breakfast sandwiches the most. The students also enjoy the chips, candies, cookies, pretzels, and watermelon fruit bowls to choose from during the day. Our school’s servery provides breakfast, drinks, and snacks every day of the week, but lunches are what the community really loves. According to sophomore Jada Boose, Merion lunches are “probably the best lunch in the tri-state area.” Lunches include a wide variety of choices such as pastas, stir fry, baked potatoes, salmon, wraps, sandwiches, and soups that are provided daily. When asked to name their favorite lunch options, students responded that they most enjoyed fries, chicken meals, pizza, and pasta. However, according to the kitchen staff, the most popular menu item is veggie fried rice with pot stickers. 

Now the most riveting question: fries or cookies? The student body chose fries, 63.3% to 36.7%. “Choosing between fries and cookies is very hard,” sophomore Emily Kallmeyer shared. “I have to say cookies though, because they are always reliable- always crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. The best ever.” 

We want to thank our kitchen staff. Senior Erin Corbett states, “I think I can say on behalf of Merion that we appreciate everything the servery staff does for us and they definitely make our school day better.” They provide great meals for the whole Merion community. Senior Molly Sweeney says, “We have the best lunch staff! I love talking to Rita and Marie while checking out and Chef Al and John always serve us with a smile.” If you are interested in what specials are available each day, check the dining services section under the resources tab on MyMMA! The kitchen staff says, “We love serving everything because the girls are happy when they come in!”